Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions indicated here are valid for all accommodation offered by Dao Samui Co. Ltd. t/a Koh Tao Star Villa.
A booking enquiry by the client is deemed acceptance of these terms and our ‘House Rules’.
A booking is considered ‘confirmed’ once the deposit has been received. Dao Samui Co. Ltd requires a minimum deposit of 30% of the total booking value. Should Koh Tao Star Villa be unable to fulfil a booking for whatever reason, once this deposit is received, it will be refunded in full. Under no other circumstance is the deposit refundable except at the sole discretion of the Management. The balance is payable in Thai Baht upon arrival at Koh Tao Star Villa. Only those guests notified to the management at time of booking are allowed to stay at Koh Tao Star Villa. No subletting is allowed except with the express written permission of the Management.
Early Departure: The Management (at its discretion) may refund up to 50% of the value of the unused accommodation. Any discounts gained from the duration of the original booking are forfeit. Minimum early departure fee under any circumstances is two nights at the standard rate at that time over and above the minimum booking period.
All prices shown are in Thai Baht and are inclusive of VAT and service charge.
Except with the prior agreement of the Management, check out time is 10.00am.
Any damage to the fabric of the buildings, the interiors, the fixtures and fittings, the equipment supplied or any external facilities/property of Dao Samui Co. Ltd will be charged. This charge will cover the full reinstatement/replacement cost of the damaged item(s) including any labour and transport cost incurred. Depending on the nature of the damage, the charge may also include a ‘loss of business’ element. Any instance of theft will be reported to island authorities.
The client hereby agrees that their usage of any of the facilities provided at Koh Tao Star Villa is done so entirely at their own risk. The client also hereby agrees to indemnify the Management and will keep them indemnified against any liability, claim, demands, costs, charges or expenses arising as a result of their residence at Koh Tao Star Villa. It is entirely at the discretion of the client to arrange their own insurance should they deem fit to do so.
Any claim and disputes in relation to the afore mentioned shall be settled in Thailand in accordance with the laws of Thailand.
These terms and conditions may vary or change at any time without notification.
At Koh Tao Star Villa we are committed to providing you with first class accommodation and service and in return we ask that you respect our beautiful villa, its contents, the surrounding environment and fauna and flora of Koh Tao. We do everything we can to help preserve the fantastic nature and beauty of Koh Tao and we would like to ask for your help in this matter. Koh Tao does not have fresh water mains or sewers so all waste has to be managed, therefore, to all these ends, we require all our guests to follow these simple, common sense, ‘house rules’:
- Please note that check-out is by 10.00am.
- Fresh water is a precious commodity on Koh Tao (we receive far less rainfall than elsewhere) so please be ‘conscientious’ with its use especially if you do any hand washing and please use the washing up bowl provided as this also reduces the amount of water used. Please never leave the tap running when washing up or doing laundry.
- Our toilet waste systems cannot handle toilet paper or ladies sanitary products please dispose of these in the bin next to the toilet.
- Bathroom towels and bedding are not to be taken out of the apartment. Beach towels are available for free of charge if required.
- Please do not hang any wet towels/clothes etc on the furniture, wooden doors or leave on the bed. There is a clothes horse provided for this purpose.
- There is a ‘recycle’ bag provided in the kitchen. Please use this bag for plastic/glass bottles, tins and cans.
- Do not put used batteries, aerosol cans or broken glass in the bin – please leave to one side, we will handle these separately for you.
- Kitchen items – crockery, knives, forks, etc., are not to be removed from Koh Tao Star Villa.
- Koh Tao has particularly inefficient diesel electricity generators that contribute significant amounts of pollutants to the soil and the atmosphere. We have substituted LPG where it has been possible but we must still use electricity. So, feel free to use the fans and other appliances but please turn them off if you are not benefiting from them.
- Equally, the air con is there for you to use should you so choose and we have done our best to supply stylish, efficient units. In order to reduce our carbon footprint, we ask that you only use the air con whilst you are in the bedroom to benefit from it and that you set the temperature to no lower than 24 degrees. Likewise, please turn it off when you are not using the bedroom. When using the air con please close all the bedroom windows and doors.
- Please turn off all lights – including your outside lights - when you retire to bed – this also keeps our neighbours happy.
- No smoking inside the apartments. Please always dispose of cigarette butts responsibly wherever you are on the island. An empty can or bottle will serve as an ashtray until you can dispose of them or bring them back to the Villa where we can dispose of them for you.
- Please ensure that all external doors are always secured using the latches provided – the wind can pick up in seconds and replacements are costly.
- Please be particularly careful with creams, oils, suntan lotion and cosmetics as these are not easily removed from towels, bedding and particularly furniture cushion covers.
- Most items are available for sale. If you require a souvenir (dressing gown, towel, etc.) please ask for a pricelist.
- All damages, breakages and missing items will be charged for.
- Please do not encourage the animals into the apartments.